EAPHLN Holds Its 4th Planning Meeting
The entire East Africa Public Health Laboratory Network (EAPHLN) Project team came together for a three day consultation from May 6th to 8th 2013. The objective of the workshop was to:
- Review the Kenya project progress and agree on new priorities for the year 2013/2014.
- Review and discuss the M&E results framework.
- Discuss and develop a comprehensive work plan for each Satellite District/County, the national supported ministry programs, KEMRI and KEMSA.
- Discuss the work plan, training plan and procurement plan for FY 2013/2014.
- To facilitate knowledge sharing and networking of sub implementers within the laboratory network.
The workshop was organized with the expectation to assist the EAPHLN project team to:
- Discuss and share experiences in implementation and identify lessons learnt.
- Develop a harmonized National work plan, training and procurement plan for 2013/2014.
- Develop harmonized District work plans for 2013/2014.
- Networking and team building.
The workshop programme was based on plenary presentations to review the achievements so far in the ongoing financial year (FY 2012/13), followed by group work and plenary discussions to establish the respective work plans for the new financial year (2013/14).
A complete report of the outcomes of this panning meeting can be found here: